accepting the Shine On award
Thanks to Lorraine Reguly for nominating me for the Shine On bloggers award. I met Lorraine via the Bloggers Helping Bloggers sub-group on Linked In. Many of the readers of this and my chocolate travel blog are members of that group and I thank you all for reading my posts, sharing your thoughts (via the comment thread), your friendship, and providing your professional services and support as is the case of Sherryl Perry who is definitely helping me Keep up with the Web.
Lorraine has two blogs. She’s posted about the Shine On award here: post: http://poetryperfected.blogspot.ca/2013/06/a-poem-and-awardand-some-rule-breaking.html.
7 things you should know about me
1. I have a new kitten named Jimmy who is 10 weeks old today.
2. I am an eternal optimist.
3. I always look forward and not back.
4. I am afraid of very little and welcome new challenges and experiences.
5. Travel is my biggest passion as I love to meet new people and experience new cultures.
6. I have difficulty learning new languages.
7. I am immersed in the world of fine chocolate and never want to get out.
You can learn much more about me from reading past posts on this blog. You may figure out that I’m a bit of a rebel-rouser, and like Lorraine, I don’t like to follow rules. So I’m sharing seven of my favourite bloggers (and not 15) as that’s all I have time for.
7 of my favourite bloggers
The 7 bloggers I am saluting are all insightful bloggers who have touched, entertained and educated me via their blogs. There are no strings attached with these nominations. They are bestowed simply because I value what each of these bloggers brings to the blogosphere, whether it is because of their writing abilities, because they have established an amazing connection with their readers, or because they are all-round good people deserving of your attention.
1. Charles Gulotta is an author who operates an insightful and humorous blog called Mostly Bright Ideas. You’ll find him at http://mostlybrightideas.wordpress.com/.
2. In her blog, Write From Here, you’ll quickly learn that Suzanne Boles has an amazing talent to write straight from the heart. You’ll find her compelling posts at http://suzanneboles.wordpress.com/.
3. Treat yourself and follow Linda Paul’s blog at http://rangewriter.wordpress.com/. She is a super photographer, has a terrific sense of humour, and is a supportive online friend.
4. Tracey Arial is a writer from Quebec and an all-round great gal. She blogs about social justice, technology, writing and more at http://traceyarial.com/blog/.
5. I love Molly Campbell’s sense of humour. Be sure to check her out at http://mollydcampbell.com/.
6. Mary Walters is an an author who offers great advice and insights on self-publishing and the writing life on her blog “The Militant Writer.” You’ll find Mary at http://maryww.wordpress.com/.
7. In her blog, WithHumour and Hope, Christine Peets gives us access to what is important in her life. Please visit Christine’s blog at http://christinepeets.wordpress.com/.
I have many other blogging friends who are worth mentioning, but who have already won numerous blogging awards. So I’m going to end my list here, knowing I’ve shared some excellent writing with you to inspire and entertain.
Please join us back here the week of July 8th for our next new post.