This is the page where you can see at a glance where and when Doreen will be doing an upcoming talk about writing, volunteerism, or the world of chocolate in a Chocolatour event. To book Doreen for an event, visit this page for more information.
Here is a list of upcoming chocolate pairings and events:
- The next class for Mindful Chocolate Tasting at McNally Robinson will be held April 26th, 2019, from 7-9 pm in the Community Classroom at McNally Robinson on Grant Ave in Winnipeg. What better Easter gift for the chocolate lover in your life? Up your chocolate game and join Doreen the Friday following Easter for a fun and informative evening of mindful chocolate tasting. Leave your chocolate bunny at home, but bring your water bottle. Call (204) 453-0424 (ext 250) to reserve your spot or for more information on any of these classes or register online via the Community Classroom’s online page at this link.
- Doreen will be speaking to Friendship Force Manitoba about the World of Chocolate on May 1st at the Viscount Gort Hotel in Winnipeg.
- Doreen will be the host of a chocolate and wine pairing event at the Rivercrest Inn at 4200 Main Street (north of Winnipeg) from 3-5 pm on May 11th in honour of Mother’s Day and Manitoba Day (which are both on May 12th) we will be featuring the best of Manitoba-made chocolate. Contact the Rivercrest Inn for more info or visit this link for tickets.
- The second Wine & Chocolate pairing event at Aaron’s on the Lake B&B in Ponemah, Manitoba, will be held on June 14, 2019, from 7-9 pm. Call Aaron’s at (204) 223-1690 for tickets.
- Following the summer, we’ll resume chocolate tasting classes at McNally Robinson, with the Sept 13th class being in celebration of International Chocolate Day. Join us for a taste of the world of chocolate. I’m sure I’ll have something special in store for you. Same time: 7-9 pm. Book your spot here.
- We’ll finish off 2019 with our holiday season Chocolate Tasting on Friday, December 6th from 7-9 pm.
- Call (204) 453-0424 (ext 250) to reserve your spot or for more information on any of these classes or register online via the Community Classroom’s online page at this link.
chocolatour events include customized chocolate tours
Those of you who have been reading this blog for the past eight+ years know that Chocolatour is not just about eating chocolate. It is about experiencing the world of chocolate and cacao through:
- visits to cocoa farms and plantations;
- partaking in chocolate events, attractions, and diversions; and
- meeting some of the world’s finest and most creative chocolate makers and chocolatiers, seeing the places that inspire them, and of course, tasting their delicious chocolate creations.
During chocolate travels with Doreen, we meet small chocolate makers and tour larger factories as well. And we might be treated to a Sacred Cacao Ceremony by a local cacao enthusiast, farmer or chocolate maker who will take us inside the mystical world of cacao.
I feel very fortunate to be immersed in the world of chocolate travel and in the future, hope to be your host on an amazing customized Chocolatour chocolate tour. Let me know where you would like to go!