This is the page where you can see at a glance where and when Doreen will be doing an upcoming talk about writing, volunteerism, or the world of chocolate in a Chocolatour event. To book Doreen for an event, visit this page for more information.
Here is a list of upcoming chocolate pairings and events:
- The second sold-out Wine & Chocolate pairing event at Aaron’s on the Lake B&B in Ponemah, Manitoba, took place on Friday, June 14, 2019. We are planning a third event for September 20th in celebration of International Chocolate Day. Contact Aaron’s at (204) 223-1690 or via e-mail at email@example.com to get on the list for this.
- Following the summer, we’ll resume chocolate tasting classes at McNally Robinson Booksellers on Grant Avenue in Winnipeg with the Sept 13th class being held right on International Chocolate Day. Join us for a taste of the world of chocolate. I have something very special in store for you. Call (204) 453-0424 (ext 250) to reserve your spot or for more information on any of these classes or register online via the Community Classroom’s online page at this link.
- We’ll finish off 2019 with our holiday season Chocolate Tasting at McNally Robinson on Friday, December 6th from 7-9 pm.
- We’ll start 2020 off with a chocolate tasting class on February 21st (this will make a terrific Valentine’s gift for yourself or anyone you know), and then have a class following Easter on April 17th. I’ll try and keep the menu for each class unique and exciting.
- Call (204) 453-0424 (ext 250) to reserve your spot or for more information on any of these classes at McNally Robinson Booksellers or register online via the Community Classroom’s online page at this link.
chocolatour events include customized chocolate tours
I’ll will be leading a small group of chocolate lovers to Costa Rica in collaboration with Go Ahead Tours. This group tour will depart on February 22, 2020. Contact me for details.
Chocolatour is not just about eating chocolate. It is about engaging in cocoa culture, and experiencing the world of chocolate and cacao through:
- visits to cocoa farms and plantations;
- partaking in chocolate events, attractions, and diversions; and
- meeting some of the world’s finest and most creative chocolate makers and chocolatiers, seeing the places that inspire them, and of course, tasting their delicious chocolate creations.
During chocolate travels with Doreen, we meet small chocolate makers and tour larger factories as well. And we might be treated to a Sacred Cacao Ceremony by a local cacao enthusiast, farmer or chocolate maker who will take us inside the mystical world of cacao.
I feel very fortunate to be immersed in the world of chocolate travel and very soon, hope to be your host on a fully-customized Chocolatour chocolate tour. But for now, please join me on the February, 2020, group trip to Costa Rica. It is sure to be amazing and I’m sure we’ll work some terrific Costa Rican chocolate into it.